Deck Repair Services
Best Deck Repair in San Jose, CA
Outdoor Deck Services in Mountain View & San Jose CA
Get your deck ready for the entertaining season. At Quartz Construction, we take care of deck repairs, as well as cleaning, staining, and sealing.
Over time, normal wear and tear happens. Some of the signs that it’s time to replace your deck include:
• Faded Wood • Splits & Cracks • Wood Rot • Loose Boards • Termite Infestation
Repairs are the Cost-Effective Option!
If you are worried your deck is beyond repair, give us a call. Our crew has years of experience handling all types of repairs, and we may be able to help. Repairs and restorations are a much more affordable alternative to replacing, so if there’s an option to repair we will let you know. Contact us today for affordable, reliable deck repairs.
Our Deck Repair Services
A deck can be a part of the house where you can find peace. You can stay at the deck if you want to relax after a tiring work all day. That’s why it’s important to keep it in good condition. Proper caring and maintenance is the key to avoid damage. However, since the deck is often exposed to outside elements, most likely the woods will be affected.
This makes sense of checking every part of the deck particularly the wood for any signs of weathering. Here are some tips to know if the deck needs a repair:
- Inspect for any loose boards or railings and popped nails. Remove the popped nails and replace them with coated screws. Do the same with loose railings to prevent hazards.
- The dirt is a big factor that can make the wood to rot. That’s why you need to clean it every day with water and household detergent. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly.
- In the case of mildew buildup, wash the wood with water and bleach solution. You can also use commercial brighteners to improve the appearance of the wood. Try to trim the bushes and branches of the tree to reduce the shade that causes mildew. Instead, expose the deck to the sun so that it will dry naturally.
- As much as possible, you should prevent rotten boards to decay further. Rotting of wood can be prevented by painting the exposed wood with wood preservative. This will keep the deck healthy and strong for many years.
While cleaning and maintaining the deck can be done by yourself, repairing and restoration may be beyond your capability. Keep in mind that you will tackle different tasks in repairing the damaged deck. Thus, the best thing to do is to hire a professional to do the job.
The Quartz Construction is one of the companies that offer deck repair and restoration services. You should not wait for the entire deck to rot and decay. Hiring our professional services can help you repair the damaged parts of the deck. We can do tasks such as the following:
- Replace warped and chipped deck boards
- Repair loose boards
- Stain and sand rotten wood
- Fix shaky railings
Aside from deck repair, we also offer deck restoration services in the case that the deck can still be restored. Here’s what we can do to restore your deck:
Deck sanding is the best option if the wood has deep scratches and other serious topical issues. But, it is not recommended for a regular refinishing process.
Replacement of deck board
In case that the deck board needs replacement, hiring a professional builder is the best option. There are different types of boards available and it is important to choose the one that fits best to your deck. Professional builder can help you in choosing the right board deck.
On the other hand, if you just need deck cleaning, our crew can help you out. Raining for several days can make a toll in your deck particularly the wood. The lifespan of a wood deck will shorten if it is not maintained properly.
If you don’t have time to clean the deck, hiring a professional service can be a smart idea. Quartz Construction can give you the best results for cleaning your deck. We ensure to remove the accumulated slime and mildew by washing it thoroughly. Likewise, we can refresh the appearance of the deck by applying a stain.
Advantages of hiring professional builders
The advantage of hiring professional builders to repair or restore your deck is that they are experienced and skilled to do the job. This means that they can give you better results more than you expect.
Professional builders have discounts from their suppliers of materials. That’s why when you hire their services you can save money rather than buying the materials on your own. Likewise, you can expect that they will use good quality materials. Likewise, they can render a reliable and affordable job.
Don’t wait for your deck to rot and decay completely. Let’s talk about how we can help you. Give us a call at (408) 966-2704.